Monday, July 22, 2013

Epic Trip With My Bestie: Last Minute Shopping (Part II)

   When I last left off, I mentioned that I had spent the entire day (Saturday) shopping and came home with only one thing from my list...

   So Sunday afternoon, I was back at it. Shopping with the 3 males of my household. It was much less eventful and included a trip to Game Stop. (If you know my guys, that is not much of a surprise. They are all 3 game geeks.)

   So we started off in the grand old Wal-Mart store. I picked up my socks. (Finally!) Got a new brush (my old one keeps falling apart so I figured I should invest in one before my trip!). Got most of the other random things I needed. But I still needed a sweater to wear with my dress and a jacket just in case! (Plus my luggage tag that I wanted.) So Target was the next stop.

  Enter target. I knew for a fact I could get a sweater (short sleeved sweater) to wear with my dress that I'm taking with me. I had tried it on when I was there Saturday but ended up not buying it. Also, Target had the luggage tag I wanted. (It's a kid's luggage tag. I know this. But it was cute, pink, and Lego so I wanted it!) I went straight to the sweater and picked up my size. Score! Shopping was going so smoothly! Then I found a jacket I liked. The price was a little more than I wanted to pay ($25) so I decided to browse a little before I settled on it. Walked around and found an almost identical jacket for $10! Woot woot!

   Next on the list, make-up. I sent the guys to find my luggage tag while I shopped for beautification products! Found everything I needed in one small section (after waiting for 3 college girls to catch up on old times taking up the isle for what felt like an eternity). I was very impressed with my extreme focused shopping skills! I even had time to browse the jewelry department before the guys showed visible signs of boredom and anxiety!

   As they say, all good things must come to an end. They guys were done. They needed the Game store fix and needed it right then. But! As I checked my list, I realized I had managed to get everything I had gone there for! So we spent the next forever in game stores where no one could make up their mind. If only the guys could have been as focused as I was! ;o)

 So now, I've caught up on my shopping adventures. I admit, I had a great time shopping with Mom (even though I DID sort of neglect my list). I have gotten much better at shopping than I was when I went with my bestie. (Not great, but better than before.) Heck, one of these days I may be one of those people that needs a shop-aholics anonymous! ;o)

   The best thing? I have all the basics and I am ready to get my stuff packed for my epic adventure with my BESTIE!! I'm sure I'll forget something but I'm not stressing it! I plan to have the adventure of a lifetime! I am totally looking forward to 15 days of talking, laughing, and sight-seeing with one of the most epic people on the planet!!

   I'm taking today to rest and relax with the guys. Doing lazy things like play games and eat a York or two. I'm going to work on that list. (Paper and pen are ready to roll!) And tomorrow will I will be in serious packing mode!!!

  

No comments: