Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Epic Trip With My Bestie: The Packing!

Today was... relatively uneventful.

   I did learn a few things. Number 1. Cucumbers, tomatoes, and a couple of York peppermint patties are NOT substantial food. (Which is why I feel like crap tonight!)

   Number 2. I am a horrible packer. I have no earthly idea how to pack! What do I need? What is unnecessary? What am I forgetting? And most importantly.. How can I possibly fit it all in my suitcase??

   And Number 3. I am still the Queen of Procrastination! I was packing away and sorting clothes and doing really well. Then, I had to stop to wash the last few shirts I need (want) to take. Bye bye motivation! I then sat at the computer and chatted with some great people (for a bit too long!). I also managed to flip through a magazine. I also searched through my books for what I want to take to read. The next thing I knew, it was way past late and so the suitcase got moved back to the floor and things are once again scattered from here to yon!

  The good thing is, I have all but a few shirts and my dress ready to go. I don't have my odds and ends (make-up, tooth-paste, etc.) quite ready but I do know what I have to take and where it is. I just have to get it to the luggage.

   So tonight, my blog is short and sweet (and dull!) but this was the day. Sorry it's not so exciting. I'm tired and I admit, a bit (HUGE bit) grouchy.

   Tomorrow's plans? My suitcase will be packed up and ready to go. I have to make a last run into town for a couple of things. Then, Tomorrow night and Thursday I fully intend to pamper myself and do all of my primping. Nice long bubble bath (including shaving)! Nails shaped and polished! And Friday, I will spend the morning kissing and hugging my kids until they can't take any more! ;o)

   I can not believe how fast time is flying by for me! I hope Scotland and Ireland are ready for me and my Bestie!

No comments: