Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Epic Trip With My Bestie: The Last Days!

   Oh. My. GOSH!!! Only 2 (yes, TWO!) more sleeps in my own bed... And then I'm off for the most epic trip I've ever dreamed of!

   Today, I had to hit Wal-Mart for a few last minute things. (Memory card for my camera! I can't believe I almost forgot that!) When I came home, I was in packing mode! Aside from my not quite knowing what I needed to pack where, it went quite well! Thanks to my awesome friends, I believe I am all squared away! Now all I have left is my dress, pajama's, and the few things I can't pack until Friday! And the best news is.... IT ALL FITS!!! ;o)

   When my Bestie called me earlier, I was SO excited! (I swear Amy will think she's taking a 2 year old along with her!) Just saying Edinburgh makes me do a happy dance! I am certain that everyone in my house (or within a 10 mile radius) is sick of hearing me talk about this trip. But I can't help it!!! So Amy and I chatted about the trip and what to pack. This is going to be so flippin EPIC!

   I can't decide what is more exciting. Flying for the first time.... Awesome!! Going to Scotland and Ireland.... Amazing!!! 15 days with my Bestie- laughing, talking, sight-seeing, and all that good stuff... PRICELESS! (Yes, I should get out more. Then maybe I could act more like an adult when I do get to do fun things!) Amy and I are both certain that we are going to have a great time!

   I admit, I am REALLY going to miss my boys. Nic gave me a rock yesterday. He had drawn a picture of himself on one side and a smile and heart on the other. He said I should take it with me so I don't forget him. Awww!!! As if I could forget him! Nate keeps looking at me and telling me how much he will miss seeing my smile while I'm gone! Now if that doesn't melt my heart, nothing will! I will really miss seeing my babies!! (haha, ok. So they aren't babies but they ARE my babies!)

   Nate is going to do the cooking while I'm gone. I feel a tad nervous as he still forgets minor details (like starting the oven... or turning it off!). I have been working with him since I found out I was going. Surely he'll be fine. If not, the guys may eat lots of ramen noodles and McDonald's! LOL

   Well, time to relax and play some games... and unwind! Hopefully I'll sleep tonight. My excitement is making it hard for me to sleep well. Yikes!
   Tomorrow I'll go over my list once more. I also have to go pick up some groceries so the guys don't starve while I'm gone! ;o) I also plan to do some pampering!

   This is going to be EPIC! ;o)


No comments: